New in Version 1.5¶
Version 1.5 is an update to improve security, stability and image quality but it also contains a few new functions. More new functions will be available in Version 1.6 which will come soon.
Thanks to all clients for sharing their ideas and suggestions.
New feature and changes overview¶
Connectivity & Compatibility¶
- Improved data transfer to mobile devices via cable
- SteamVR Version Supports: HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality headsets and other
- Mobile Launcher: better scrolling behavior
- Mobile Launcher: better click behavior
- Mobile Launcher: in flight mode now all tours are available (mixed ClientIDs)
- Mobile Launcher: when the smart phone is online, tours that have been manually copied to the mobile device are visible even if they are not stored on our server
- Import: when importing stereo content, the term “stereo” is removed from the displayed location name
- Mirror smoothing if VR-Suite is connected to a large screen
Network & Conference¶
- Improved proxy support
- Conference: Fixed an error with “Auto Join”
- Conference: “Mirror via Web” can now also be temporarily switched off on mobile devices
- improved Samsung S8 stability
- improved iOS stability
- iOS: prevent the iPhone from becoming inactive once the VR-Suite is active
- Integrated bug report
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Unofficial introduction of Custom Logic (CL) for enhanced flexibility. The CL enables the development of multiple choice tests, gaming approaches and smarter presentations including analytics and an interface for opening external applications as well as protocols such as MQTT. Please contact us for further information.
- Automatic 360° panorama import from FARO® WebShare Projects
Connectivity & Compatibility¶
Improved data transfer to mobile devices via cable¶
- Activate Edit Mode
- Switch to the tab Cloud
- Click on the button for Android or iOS device and follow the instructions
- Enter the name of the presentation. Use only regular ascii alphabet letters and numeric characters, no whitespace
- Wait until the upload has been completely finished.
Presentations that are not available on the server are marked with a crossed out cloud symbol. In off line mode, this is the case for all presentations.
SteamVR Version: supported headsets¶
- HTC Vive
- Windows Mixed Reality headsets
- other steam compatible headsets - please share your experiences with us
Tour availability in launcher on mobile devices¶
- in flight mode now all tours are available (also mixed ClientIDs)
- when the smart phone is online, tours that have been manually copied to the mobile device are visible even if they are not stored on our server
Import stereo files¶
- when importing stereo content, the term “stereo” is removed from the displayed location name. (In previous versions “stereo” was displayed.)
Mirrored Oculus View¶
The newest Oculus driver turns the mirrored display of, when the HMD is not used. In our new modus, the mirrored view is every time on and the screen picture is now sharper and the movings are a little bit smoothed.
There are three modes in XML:
- HQ: The new always visible high quality fashion with optional smoothing
- Default: Standard behavior from headset manufacturer (poorer quality, picture black if headset is not used)
- None: Headset view is not visible on the monitor (black window for privacy)
<CustomDeviceView> <!-- Should High Quality Custom Device View be used ? Set to default on low end PCs, set to none if the headset view should not be visible on PC Monitor - HQ (recommended), default, none --> <!-- Can temporarily be switched by pressing D on your keyboard --> <mode>HQ</mode> <!-- Should the Custom Device View be smoothed? (recommended when showing on a TV / presentation - false or true --> <smoothing_enabled>true</smoothing_enabled> <!-- Defines behavior of smoothing. lower is smoother. Recomended Range: 2 to 20; 0 = freeze, 8 = default, 50 = similar to smoothing disabled --> <smoothing_factor>8</smoothing_factor> </CustomDeviceView>
These modes can be switched through temporarily (i.e. only for the current runtime) with the d key on the keyboard.
Network & Conference¶
- Improved proxy support if no internet connection was found
If an error occurs and you ask for support from present4D please send us a bug report:
- Press F12 immediately after starting VR-Suite or (All important informations will be saved in an log file)
- Reproduce the error
- Press F12 to send us the report automatically via Email
- Write us or give us a call for clarification.
Without internet connection: please send the report manually: C:UsersWINDOWSUSERAppDataLocalLowpresent4DVR-Suiteoutput_log.txt
How to find it more easy:
- press on keyboard windows & r
- enter “%USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalLowpresent4DVR-Suiteoutput_log.txt”
Reset on inactivity¶
If the headset is x seconds inactive the presentation will start at the defined location when the headset is used the next time. Please adjust in media.xml
The reset currently works only with Oculus Rift, Oculus Go and Samsung GearVR.
<tourSettings> ... <inactivityReset enabled="true" idle_threshold="5" reset_location="1_2" /> ...
- enabled = false
- deactivate the reset
- enabled = true
- activate the reset
- idle_threshold = time in seconds before reset
- reset_location = location which will be started after the reset
Unofficial introduction of Custom Logic (CL)¶
Unofficial introduction of Custom Logic (CL) for enhanced flexibility. The CL enables the development of multiple choice tests, gaming approaches and smarter presentations including analytics and an interface for opening external applications as well as protocols such as MQTT. Please contact us for further information.
Visit our Youtube Tutorial Video Channel