Create your own professional VR presentations - this manual will help you to familiarize yourself with present4D’s “Virtual Reality Suite”. If you have any questions you can get support at tt@present4D.de or phone +49 211 4685240.
VR-Suite version 1.6 of 24.09.2018**
Version 1.6 contains a great innovation for PC users: The launcher known from mobile devices is now also included in the PC version. This simplifies the handling of presentations. Please note the changes to the folder structure! At the same time, the launcher has been revised to simplify the creation of new presentations. Changes can now be synchronized from mobile devices back to the server. Another highlight is the easy import of 3D objects. Another new feature is a beta version for Mac OSX.
Manual for what’s new in version 1.6: New in Version 1.6
NEW in Version 1.6
VR-Suite 1.6 Overview of new features and changes**
- The Launcher (from GearVR and Oculus Go) is now also used on the PC to manage multiple presentations more easily.
- Synchronization between devices (make changes in the VR editor on mobile devices and synchronize these changes with the cloud server again)
- Indicates that an update of a presentation is available.
- It is possible to skip the launcher and start a specific presentation automatically.
- Better dialogs, e.g. if you want to delete a tour.
- Duplicate an existing tour
- In earlier versions, a maximum of 6 presentations could be managed in the Launcher, now it is unlimited.
- If the upload of a presentation update was interrupted, the existing presentation could no longer be used on the server. Now we have integrated an automatic rollback.
- Create button in the launcher to create a new presentation.
- Automatic reconnection in case of network errors in conference mode When uploading a presentation, it is no longer necessary to enter a presentation name. The VR-Suite adopts the current presentation name. (To change the name, please duplicate the presentation.)
- Thumbnails can be updated in the launcher when a newer one is available.
- In Presentation Safe Mode, more buttons are hidden in the launcher.
- The license key can now be entered in the launcher instead of iMenu.
- Licensing: When the license key is copied to the clipboard, it is automatically pasted into the input field.
- Upload: “not iOS compatible” message with more concrete information
- Improved tablet support
- GearVR start screen: New additional app to create a VR-Suite icon on the start screen.
- 3D objects can be embedded in Slidwshos.
- Editor: Password can be individualized!
- Editor: More controllers are supported: Oculus Touch, Steam VR, Oculus Go, GearVR
- Intuitive icon at the “Open Explorer” button in the iMenu
- Specify an individual preview image for the presentation for the launcher.
- You can now also confirm text entries with the Enter key.
Conference & Mirror via Web
- Mirroring over the Internet: When the transmitting device is stopped, the receiving device can automatically start a Screen Saver movie.
- The arrow graphic can now be individualized with your own png graphic.
- Laser pointer: Custom size
- Automatic reconnection in case of network errors in conference mode
- Improved proxy capabilities
- Oculus Go is now officially supported, including cable file transfer.
- disableTransparencyOfHotspotButtons is now enabled again.
- DisableTransparencyOfSlideshowButtons is now enabled again.
- Numerous detail improvements
The license key can now be entered in the launcher instead of iMenu. The following errors are known and we are already working on them:
- Mirror via Web & Screensaver: The screensaver does not end when more than 2 devices are connected.
- 3D Objects & Conference Mode: Objects cannot be rotated and closed when more than 2 devices are connected.
- iOS crashes at startup when the unit is in landscape mode.
- Oculus Go: It is not possible to enter the license key (to resynchronize your changes in the VR Editor).
- Cardboard Touch Mode (Beta): The buttons are so small that they cannot be used very comfortably. In Edit mode, the icons are moved when you move your finger over them.
- If you change a clientID while you are offline, several errors may occur in the launcher. If you have problems, please restart the VR-Suite.
- Oculus Touch: Current drivers have a bug: The usage is not active after starting the VR-Suite. To activate the controller, press the Oculus button on the controller and go directly back to the VR-Suite.
New in Version 1.5
New in Version 1.5
Version 1.5 is an update to improve security, stability and image quality but it also contains a few new functions. More new functions will be available in Version 1.6 which will come soon.
Thanks to all clients for sharing their ideas and suggestions.
New feature and changes overview
Connectivity & Compatibility
- Improved data transfer to mobile devices via cable
- SteamVR Version Supports: HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality headsets and other
- Mobile Launcher: better scrolling behavior
- Mobile Launcher: better click behavior
- Mobile Launcher: in flight mode now all tours are available (mixed ClientIDs)
- Mobile Launcher: when the smart phone is online, tours that have been manually copied to the mobile device are visible even if they are not stored on our server
- Import: when importing stereo content, the term “stereo” is removed from the displayed location name
- Ottional mirror smoothing if VR-Suite is connected to a large screen
Network & Conference
- Improved Proxy Support
- Conference: Troubleshooting the use of Auto Join
- Conference: “Mirror via Web” can now also be temporarily switched off on mobile devices
Improved proxy support
- improved Samsung S8 stability
- improved iOS stability
- iOS: prevent the iPhone from becoming inactive once the VR-Suite is active
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- Unofficial introduction of Custom Logic (CL) for enhanced flexibility. The CL enables the development of multiple choice tests, gaming approaches and smarter presentations including analytics and an interface for opening external applications as well as protocols such as MQTT. Please contact us for further information.
- Automatic 360° panorama import from FARO® WebShare Projects
NEW in Version 1.4
Most recent features of version 1.4 are available as addendum for this manual.
- You find e.g. infos related to
- Usage of the advanced configuration directly in the XML-settings
- Support for HTC Vive and iOS
- Improved interface individualisation, Desktop icon for GearVR app, Realtime text in POIs
- End actions for 360° videos, Screensaver video, Define a start location, Presentation background sound, Network & Conference, 4GB distribution via cloud, Use proxy for network, Improved network connection, Skip connection check, Mirror via web smoothing, Mirror via web with smartphones, Sync slideshow handling
- More Devices
- iOS Version starting at iPhone 6, official Vive Beta
- Importing media
- Media Formats
- Functions and Settings
- Icons in the 360-degree view
- Conference Mode
- Cloud and Mobile GearVR
- File structure of the folder “Input”
- Keyboard layout
- New in Version 1.4
- New in Version 1.5
- New in Version 1.6
Visit our Youtube Tutorial Video Channel